Sunday, March 30, 2014

At Las Velas!

To read the first part, please go here.

OK. So where were we... Ah yes! The suspense! What is it that I can do? Can I get my talents out in the open?!

Out comes my friend to the rescue! Fortunately he happened to bring his dearest 600D camera (Not to be mistaken with the D600 camera. Apparently one's a Canon and the other a Nikon. Of course, I knew it all along, with my inherent photographer professional skills and all)

Me : My dearest buddy in the whole wide world!!! What's that you have in your bag?
Friend : It's called a camera dude.
Me : (Thinking fast before anyone could question my thorough professional skills in this area)... ummmm.. I KNEW THAT! HA! Can this camera take photographs at EXIF: f/5.3 | 1/40s | ISO-800 | 67mm??
Friend : ?!?!
Me : (Thank God for copy paste and Google I can still make myself look like a thorough professional in front of everyone!! I AM SAVED! YAAY!) Dude.. you know nothing. Give me that camera!

And thus I get my hands on a DSLR!!!

Now, it was time for the local team to go to the hatchery and check out the baskets where the eggs were carefully placed to see if any of them had hatched. We happened to get the prime seats to witness this event. All of us photographers sat right at the best locations, took our tripod stands and waited with bated breath!
The look on the faces of the people waiting to see the event.
Would there be turtles to see? Would we be first time lucky? Or would the worlds conspire against us and prevent us from witnessing this great event?

ALAS it was not to be this time. None of the eggs had hatched fully. "You will definitely see something this evening or next morning!!! DEFINITE!" Said the drama inducing, suspense generating organizers of the event.

What?! I was clean shaven when I came here! My beard has grown but the turtles haven't hatched! NOOOOOOO!
Having had failure in the first attempt, we moved on to the beach to see the sun rise, the calm ocean and experience the cool breeze. For me, however, being the professional photographer and all, I had the entire stage to myself. I could see a photo in everything, from the raging buffalo to the distant Supramax 50000 DWT ship, everything had a 1337 (elite in case you were wondering) photo waiting to be uncovered. And sold at the Jehangir Art Gallery. MASSIVE PROFIT MAKING OPPORTUNITY!

So I got started, and started clicking photos at every moment. People came to me saying "Hey! Looks like you are the thorough professional! Too many photos you have clicked man! Do show them to me! I would like to learn from you!" and I would go "All in due course my friend, it is an art not learnt by all!"

So what happens next? Do I get to see the turtles on Saturday itself? Is it second lucky? What do we do in the meanwhile? Please read it HERE.

2 comments:

Sree1367 said...

Hahaha.....doodles good.....your caption for that pic nailed it.:-)

Kartik Krishnamoorthy said...

Thanks Sreedevi! We were standing literally like that, right? ;)